FUTURE CONTINUOUS TENSE (S.B. p.116 WB p.p.111)
- The future continuous tense is formed with will + be + verb+ ing
He'll (he will) be sewing
- The future conitnuous tense emphasizes the ongoing nature or duration of activity in the future.
Ex: Will you be home this evening?
Yes, I will. I'll be reading (this evening)
Will Harriet be home this evening?
Yes, she will. She'll be mopping the floor (this evening)
- We generally use the future continuous tense to express that we will be in the middle of doing something at particular moment in the future.
so between 2 pm and 6pm I will be doing something:
I will be working!
Structure of the future progressive PRESENT
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT FUTURE CONTINUOUS WITH WILL AND WITH GOING TO?
CLICK HERE: http://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/futurecontinuous.html
TIME EXPRESSIONS FOR THE FUTURE
(SB p.122 WB p.p.117-119)
- The preposition for is used in time expressions with a period of time.
Ex: for a few months
for a few more hours/minutes
- The preposition until is used in time expressions with a point in time.
Ex: until Friday
until 8 o'clock
Learn more :
Learn more :
- This game is called "MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT!"
- Scene: You're trying to find a time to meet with your lawyer to talk about something important, but your lawyer is VERY busy.
10:00 talk to a client
11:00 write letters
12:00 have lunch
1:00 have lunch
2:00 go to a meeting
3:00 see a client
4:00 play golf
Now feel free to change characters, activities and schedules and create your own dialogs
Ex: A. Can I see you at 9 o'clock tomorrow?
B. I'm sorry. I'll be reading my mail at 9 o'clock.
A. Hmmm. How about 10 o'clock?
B. I'm sorry. I'll be ______ing to a _______ at ____
(dentist, doctor, teacher, boss, husband, wife, girlfriend etc.)
"AT THE AIRPORT"
- You´re at the airport, and you´re going on a trip. You see a friend and begin talking.
- Create conversations bases on the model below and the cue cards.
- Use your imagination to tell what you'll be doing in these places.
- Work in pairs.
DO THESE EXERCISES
CHAPTER SUMMARY VIDEOS